Before working together, we can ideally meet in person for approximately 30 minutes, to get to know each other and decide if we will work well together! If the need is more urgent, a phone consult can be sufficient as well. In person or via phone, this consultation is free of charge.
When it comes to scheduling, my time spent in your family’s home varies depending on your needs. I try to be as flexible as possible, offering support during the time(s) of day that may be most helpful to you. This may consist of 1 shift per week up to 4-5 (day) shifts per week.
Morning, Daytime or Evening support:
Minimum 3 hour shift.
The amount of shifts per week depends on a families needs/wants.
Examples of support:
- Caring for your newborn in your home while you rest, shower, eat, attend to daily tasks, and/or spend time with your older children/partner
- Offering education and support while learning to care for your newborn (diapering, feeding, sleeping etc)
- Assisting with household management: laundry, light cleaning, snack preparation, cleaning/sterilizing baby’s bottles and/or pump parts, nursery organization
- Running errands such as trips to the grocery store and pharmacy
- Making referrals to local resources if/when appropriate (lactation consultants, mental health professionals, new mom’s groups etc)
Minimum 8 hour shift.
In general, I am able to offer 2-3 overnights per week, depending on my schedule. Please contact me for availability!
Examples of overnight support:
- Caring for your newborn in your home while you catch up on much needed sleep.
- Preparing bottles and feeding baby during the night; or if breastfeeding, bringing your baby to you to nurse. I will change and help baby get back to sleep while you are able to continue resting.
- Assisting with baby related tasks such as cleaning/sterilizing bottle and pump parts, laundry, and general tidying up of your home.
Tasks I do not perform:
- Heavy cleaning (bathrooms etc)
- Babysitting older siblings